- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 tbsp. of stevia
- ¼ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup of raisins (optional adds 220 calories to total recipe or 36 calories per serving)
- 1-2 Eggs (optional adds 70 - 140 calories to total recipe or 12 - 24 calories per serving and makes the recipe vegetarian not vegan but it does add a bit of creaminess to the recipe along with protein).
- In a medium saucepan, bring unsweetened Almond Milk (Silk Brand is lowest calories- 30 Calories per cup), rice and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until rice is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- If adding eggs, whisk them and add into the rice mixture and cook for 5-10 more minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, sweetener and raisins, if using.
- Serve warm or cold.
Makes 6 servings:
- 72 Calories per serving without raisins
- 109 Calories per serving with raisins
- 133 Calories per serving with raisins & 2 Eggs